Guest Services at the Sandman
Allow us to personally assist you with any special requests
So Many Experiences, So Little Time
Want to soar above Sonoma Coastal Redwoods on a crisp morning? Interested in meeting the man who brews the best beer in the world? Or maybe riding in a jeep alongside a Giraffe is on your bucket list? The Guest Services team at the Sandman can personally assist you with making reservations for these activities and many more in Sonoma County wine country. Led by award-winning Chief Concierge Chris Morano, your journey to enjoy a lifetime of memories begins here at the Sandman!
Our team is delighted to assist with requests such as:
We will get you to our front door…
- We can arrange transportation to and/or from any regional airport via town car, limousine or taxicab, or secure a rental car for you in advance at a great rate!
- Pre-block your rooms to be near your traveling companions or arrange an early check-in or late check-out, based on availability.
- For guests who may have mobility or security concerns, we can pre-block rooms close to the reception area, as well as those that provide bathtub/showers with grab bars, or arrange placement of your room on the first floor when available (our two-story buildings are not equipped with elevators).
Raise a glass and enjoy Wine (and Beer) Country…
- Our Guest Services team can reserve transportation for your party of any size. Enjoy touring Wine Country in style and comfort while leaving the driving to your professional driver.
- We can also assist with wine tasting appointments, vertical, barrel or library/reserve tastings, wine cave visits or food-and-wine pairing appointments at select wineries.
- Sonoma is not just wine country. Some of the best craft breweries are located here and we can provide information on local breweries and distilleries.
- We can arrange the packaging and shipping of your wine and beer purchases to your home with a variety of pricing options.
Delight in the great outdoors…
- Arrange guided or self-guided – tours of Wine Country landscapes from the River to the Pacific.
- Point you in the right direction to visit the closest grove of old-growth Coastal Redwood trees or reserve an exhilarating zip-line adventure above them.
- Show you the way to visit local iconic filming locations of “Holiday Inn”, “The Birds” and – yes – “The Goonies”.
- Arrange a visit to any of our State or Regional Parks, with or without your pets.
Enjoy the sporting life…
- We’ll arrange bicycle rentals, kayak and canoe excursions along the Russian River, seasonal whale watching, boating on lake Sonoma, or even a day of fishing (including the day license).
- Reserve a tee-time for 9 or 18 holes of golf at one of our regional courses or arrange Yoga studies – even in a vineyard.
- Reserve an early-morning Champagne brunch and-hot-air balloon flight, fabulous helicopter ride or even a bi-plane excursion (yes, a bi-pane!) over wineries, an excursion by train, on horseback or horse-drawn carriage through them or a boat trip off the California Coast.
Live like a local…
- Let us suggest options for local nightlife and shopping based on your requests.
- Procure tickets for you to sold-out events anywhere in the Bay Area.
- Arrange babysitting and child care, elder care or pet care services while you’re here.
- Assist with your dry cleaning and laundry needs while you’re here.
Help you celebrate a life event…
- We’ll, assist you in arranging and purchasing amenities, including floral arrangements and edible gifts, for any special occasion you may be celebrating.
- Support bridal parties – AND groomsmen – with everything from emergency alterations to a night-before party at a high-end barber (for gentleman’s shaves and haircuts with cocktails).
Experience a little living history…
- We’ll share our recommendations for family-friendly activities appropriate for any age, including the Santa Rosa Air Museum, the Charles Schulz Museum, Safari West Animal and Nature Reserve and a variety of other venues to explore.
- We’ll help you spend a day lounging by our heated outdoor pool, spa and Pool Bar.
- Set up an In-room massage appointment or arrange a relaxing visit to a local professional spa.
Dine in a foodie paradise…
- Have us arrange tastings of olive oil, chocolate or cheese (great for non-wine enthusiasts).
- Secure a reservation for breakfast, lunch or dinner at any delicious farm-to-fire-to-feast dining venue available.
Explore Sonoma County (and beyond)…
- We’ll get you on the road to the sometimes-quirky but ALWAYS-charming villages of Guerneville, Calistoga, Sonoma, Glen Ellen and Healdsburg, with GREAT ideas on how to best-enjoy a day at any one of these great towns.
Assist with the rest of your journey…
- Have us pay your Golden Gate Bridge toll in advance, check you in to your departing flight and print your boarding passes.
- Utilize our Concierge colleagues to ensure that your travel needs are tended to wherever your journey may lead.
Whether you're accustomed to using a professional Concierge team or not, first-time visitors and return guests have all enjoyed our special brand of hospitality. Although we’re able to work our magic “On the fly” while you are at our desk, advance requests are always appreciated and are suggested two-to-three weeks prior to your arrival. It is indeed our pleasure to be at your service!
Cheers and warmest wishes for safe travels always,
The Guest services team at the Sandman Santa Rosa
About Chris Morano, Chief Concierge:
After a life in the worlds of music and theater – as both a performer and an Agent – Chris Morano brings varied experience to a hospitality career that spans nearly 20 years.
Chris received the 2016 Excellence in Lodging & Hospitality Award for a Lodging Staff Person by the California Lodging Industry Association. He is the first Concierge to receive the award and is the previous recipient of the 2015 California Hotel & Lodging Association “Stars of the Industry” Award (Lodging Employee of the Year), the 2016 Concierge Association of Napa Valley and Sonoma (CANVAS) Award of Excellence (Best Concierge, Sonoma County) and was named the 2014 Certified Tourism Ambassador of the Year, Central Sonoma County. Morano has been a member of the Northern California Concierge Association (www.NCCAConcierge.com) since 2005, and has served on its Executive Board of Directors since 2006. His appearances on television and in radio and print have inspired a new generation of hospitality professionals.